Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 35 - I am cleansed and edified

9 lessons learned as a 3-day vegan:

  1. Chicken and beef really aren't vegetables, no matter how much I want them to be.
  2. Everything tastes great with chili sauce.
  3. I will not die of malnutrition if I don't eat meat for 3 days, but I might be a little hungrier throughout the day.
  4. I will be lighter and more energetic if not weighed down by our animal friends.
  5. Just because there is free food on the table you don't have to eat it.  
    • Seriously - having the willpower to avoid all animal based foods required me to turn down some mighty tasty free foods.  But if I can do it then, I can do it otherwise (not healthy, not really that tasty, spoil appetite, etc.)
  6. Apples and chick peas are remarkably filling.  Humus, while tasty, is not.
  7. Tofu doesn't taste like meat, but it is still tasty when slathered in chili sauce (see #2).
  8. I won't smell really bad because of my diet.  I just smell bad in general.
  9. Cooking creatively is a lot of fun and allows you to discover great new combinations (e.g. soy sauce + fermented soy bean paste ~ fish sauce).

No comments:

Post a Comment