Saturday, February 1, 2014

Days 29 and 30 - No more drinking

I surprised myself by pulling off a mid-day Yoga session and despite the walking around all day was full of energy and focused.  The looseness after the workout really helped my back, which was otherwise very stiff.  It seems to be getting worse not better.  That's what I get for seeing a doctor and not a chiropractor.

Doctors - "Chiropractors don't really know medicine.  Here take these pills and hope the problem goes away".

Chiropractors - "Let's work on the acute problem through adjustments and physical therapy and let's stop the recurring problem by exercising to strengthen and add flexibility to the areas that triggered the problem."

I don't know about you, but I'm consistently disappointed with the reactive and generally unhelpful nature of modern medicine.

So things were on the upswing, but sadly I made the same rookie error I always do and I drank too much.  But this time it was way too much.  Over the limit too much making me an angry and bitter person ruining the special occasion for my special lady.  Never again.

I need to learn to moderate.  I've always been such an extreme person and that just gets me into trouble and causes me to make bad decisions.  So I need to decide whether it makes sense to do the extreme of not drinking at all or whether I can train myself to not test my boundaries and go spilling over.  The latter is nicer in practice and in line with the moderation philosophy.  The former is more extreme, but more likely I will be able to abide.

In any event today's cardio workout was good and necessary to sweat out some of the crap causing my head to ache.

The poor lady can't get out of bed and we are ruining wasting her special occasion.  One more McD's for the road


No comments:

Post a Comment