Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 0 - First Impressions

December 30, 2013

Just received my copy of The Ultimate Yogi and super pumped!  Came sooner than expected and looks brand new (shrink wrap and everything).  Purchased it off of e-bay so expected it to be used.  Rock on.  I unwrap the packaging and everything is intact.  Each DVD individually wrapped, the program calendar neatly folded.  Wow, this looks really professional.  I must remember to leave positive feedback on e-bay (oops - still haven't done it).


First decision - do I start tomorrow or wait a day.  Why wait?  That has always been my philosophy.  When you want to get something done don't put it off, just make it happen.  Well, tomorrow is New Year's Eve so it is serendipitous timing for this to arrive right before the new year.  Starting on January 1st has a poetry to it, but then again I'm not one for resolutions (see philosophy above).  What to do...

Second decision - do I follow the diet plan or not?  First 36 days eat vegan? I don't think I've ever gone a day vegan.  The thought of it makes me a little queasy.  I'm that annoying guy who always waves my double cheeseburger in the face of the vegans.  Well, it might be possible if we count beef as a vegetable.  Second 36 days eat raw?  Oh man, I like my foods doused in oil and/or butter.  Not sure I can eat raw.  Last 36 days juice feast? Are you kidding me???!

Well I briefly entertain it as well.  I decide to run the first 36 days by the wife.
"That's just stupid."  This from a woman who made us eat gluten free for a month (ok...well she ate gluten free while I cheered her on) and has jumped on many a fad diet or exercise craze.  Then I mentioned the second 36.  "That's really stupid.  I'm not saying you are stupid, just that anyone who wants to do that is stupid." Haha, yeah, that's what I was thinking the whole time...really. :-/  Probably best not to mention the last 36.


No comments:

Post a Comment