Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 5 - Detox

January 4, 2013

I had a much better meditation session last night and get this - I actually fell asleep without melatonin last night.  It wasn't right after meditation, and I was up for an extra hour or so longer than I wanted to be, but I fell asleep naturally, which for those of you who know me is quite an accomplishment.

I wake up this morning and take only half a scoop of NoXplode.  In case you are wondering what that is, it is my pre-workout igniter.  I've been using it on and off (more on) since 2004 so after 10 years of use I can be relatively sure it is not something that will kill me in the short run.  In the long run on the other hand...

Image courtesy of www.bodybuilding.com

I buy it from BodyBuilding.com (direct link to product) because they have great prices, great customer service, helpful reviews and are always doing awesome promos with freebies.  Ok, enough with the free commercial for them.  But seriously, if you do wish to supplement, consider using them or another online vendor.  You can save over 50% on retail (read: GNC) prices usually.

OK - back to yoga.  Today's workout is called Detox, but I've been fooled enough over the last few days to know this will be anything but easy.  Plus yesterday's workout was supposed to be the less athletically intense midweek break, so in the words of Tony Horton - "Get Ready, Cause it's coming"

Cast of characters has changed again.  Mila Kunis out, Asian girl back in. Scar chest back in too, but no nipple rings. (They are just accessories??!)  We learn his name is Jason when at one point he is feeling "a little spunky".  Erm - no comment Travis.  Otaku dude is still here, but he looks less Otaku and more French/Eurotrash artsy dude.  What a transformation! Can't wait to see what I become in 108 days.

Workout involves a ton of twists, which are difficult, but sooooooo satisfying.  Definitely manage to work up a great sweat.  

Also I realize that I want to be a yoga instructor when I grow up.  Am I drawn to the meditative calm? Nope.   The lean chiseled physique? Nope.  The ability help guide people through a journey and improve their lives? Nope.  What other profession makes it so acceptable for a dude to get so hands on and be thanked for it?  I notice this as Travis adjusts the leggy brunette's pose by slowly and delicately pressing her against her bare upper thigh.  To be fair he does later adjust one of the men's poses by adjusting his ankles...

Maybe since I'm a well known creeper I'm reading too much into it, but I remember all to well the "interesting positions" that Bryan Kest placed his students in.  I mean, I think you can get the gist by looking at the covers for power 2 and power 3.

Bear in mind folks that prior to doing the Ultimate Yogi this was the best yoga I had ever done. 

Photos courtesy of the amazon.com listings at here and here respectively.  No I don't still have a VHS player, I bought the 3-in-1 DVD set and honestly recommend it highly.

The practice was fantastic, but I'll save details for the next time I do the workout.  Last thing I wanted to mention today is that I completely bungled the diets in my earlier postings.  It is not each 36 days.  Each diet lasts for the 3 days leading up to the sun salutations. Phew.  Ok - I'm going to give them a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment