Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 7 - Mountain Poses & Pranayama Meditation

January 6, 2014

Bet you guys were worried I already gave up.  Nah, just late to the party because I had a crazy day getting back to work.  Happy New Year to me.  I don't promise to always update on the day of, but I will try to post something on each of the 108 days.  After a while I'll stop the workout posts and post on other fun yoga related topics since it might get boring/creepy to hear me go "aaarrghhh Travis no please not the PLOW"..."aarrghh that brunette chick in the leg warmers is SOOOOOO hot...." for 108 days.

Well today's workout was actually the first one I failed at.  How can I fail a day about breathing and meditation? You'd think you just have to show up.  Well you underestimate the ability of my little one to pick impeccable timing to get up early.  His moans turned into cries and then into screams and wails.  Sheesh.  I had to go get him.  Plus Travis was going on about being grateful to grasshoppers or something and I'm not exactly the grateful type.  When others are grateful for getting over a cold I wonder why they had to get one in the first place.  A deeper more metaphysical conversation for another time.  Oh and it was -15 today so definitely wasn't feeling grateful, particularly when I had to dig my nanny's car back out of the snow again.

I tried to make it up by doing 10 minutes of meditation this evening, but I got through only 7 and then started checking Instagram...I'm not even sure I should be calling myself the Mediocre Yogi right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment