Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 6 - Vitality

Last night's idea of meditation was - why not do it in bed? That way I can fall asleep right after.  Um note to self - it doesn't work like that.  Apparently it was just a poor way for me to add an extra 10 minutes tossing and turning like I usually do when I try to sleep.  I did get to sleep without melatonin again though.  First step - sleep without drugs.  Second step - become ultimate yogi.  Third step - rule the world!

I won't belabor the cast shake up again except to say I'm glad to see Mila Kunis lookalike again.  About 10 minutes in my little one wakes up (about an hour and a quarter before his usual wake up time).  Uh oh.  I give it 10 minutes, but he starts getting louder.  I go up with some water and pray that does the trick.  It does! Blissfully he goes back down to sleep and I manage to get through the workout.

The vitality postures comprise a fair number of the heart opening and back bending poses.  Surprisingly, though the workout is tough, I think this might have been my easiest one yet.  It caters to strength, which is one of the few things I'm not shy on.  Even wheel pose is not too bad given years of wrestling practice, but it was a lot easier when I weighed 140 then now when I weigh 2 *cough cough* what was I saying?

Of course Travis has to put us in plow...again.  This pose is fine for the ultimate yogi or even the ordinary toothpick yogi, but when you are the overly rotund mediocre yogi you really start to worry if you are going to get stuck there and never make it back out.

Like all the other workouts, this is a long one.  Weirdly I am feeling more drained than vitalized.  For some reason I am more sleepy than I have been for the other workouts.  Not sure why as last night was the first Saturday in about a year that I didn't get completely schlonked.  In fact, I *gasp* haven't had a drink all weekend.

So the wife gets home from taking care of her mom, I've made us a breakfast of potatoes, chorizo, spinach and eggs.  After an idyllic breakfast reality sets in.  More snow.  Ugh...I'm going to take a nap.  I try to nap, but the little one starts groaning again.  Ok, he who hesitates/procrastinates...

An hour long 80s montage later we have a clean driveway and I have two frostbitten fingers and am feeling even less vitalized.  Mmmmm...wife baked chocolate croissants.  One bite never hurt anyone *consumes entire croissant, numerous chocolate chip cookies and a lemon poppy seed muffin*

Still hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment