Sunday, January 26, 2014

Days 24 and 25: Back on the repair

I was nervous about yesterday's strength practice because that is the one that uses the most back strengthening poses and my back has still been in trouble.  I just made sure not to overdo the bow poses and things actually worked out pretty well.  Still the same thing that the morning is the most painful, but the day gets better progressively.

Today's Yin Yoga was just what the doctor ordered.  I still think it is hilarious that Travis talks about the forward fold as "a little treat".  My pretzels at Auntie Annies today - those are a little treat?  The pretzel dogs I ate tonight b/c I was still craving pretzel goodness - treat.  The cheese plate I prepared to watch the grammy's with - treat.  The caramel nut tart the wife prepared - treat.  Bending forward and reaching out for my toes...um not sure why that's a treat.  Probably would help if my hamstrings weren't so tight that I could actually get somewhere in the pose.

Anyway from the above I'm sure you can guess that I'm failing the food program pretty miserably.  Was doing well, but seem to have fallen off the wagon.  Need to get back on the train.  Winter always makes me want to hibernate.  Also doesn't help to be hungover today...

Yeah I feel off that wagon too.  Boss had a big party so couldn't say no to the open bar...nor the shots once I got home.  Ok step 1 - stop drinking.  Step 2 - stop eating junk.  Step 3 - rule the world.  Well even if its just my world that's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment